Policies and Procedures for in-person rehearsals and performances | Updated 8-14-21
- Everyone should stay home from choir if experiencing any possible symptoms of COVID-19, including:
- Fever (temperature of 100.4 or higher) or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Nausea of vomiting
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Attendance at rehearsals is limited to singers, ECC staff, and registered volunteers.
- Singers are required to remain at least 6 feet apart at all times during rehearsal.
- Windows will remain open in our rehearsal space. Singers should dress accordingly, especially as the weather gets cooler.
- Singers, staff, and volunteers must wear medical grade, 3-layer disposable masks at all times during choir rehearsals and performances.
- We will have masks available for anyone who needs one.
- Masks must always cover the nose and mouth.
- All ECC staff and volunteers are fully vaccinated.
- We strongly encourage vaccination for eligible singers.
- Once all our singers become eligible for vaccination, we expect to require vaccination for choristers who are participating in person. Formal requests for exceptions to this requirement will be evaluated by our board of directors.
- Singers, staff, and volunteers will have their temperatures checked upon arrival at rehearsal, and will be asked to affirm they have none of the above-listed symptoms.
Cleaning and Disinfection
- Our rehearsal space and restrooms will be cleaned prior to each rehearsal, following current CDC and Health Department protocols.
Drinking and eating
- No eating will be permitted in the rehearsal space.
- Singers are permitted (and encouraged) to bring a straw-spout water bottle, from which they can sip without removing their mask.
Arrival and Pickup
- All singers should arrive 5-10 minutes early to allow time for the health screening.
- Adults must stay until their singer has passed the temperature check.
- The sign in / sign out station will be outside the main doors to St. John’s church, just off the small church parking lot. Parking is available in the WSHS lot.
- Please maintain 6 feet of distance when lining up to check in or out.
- We cannot accommodate late arrivals. Students who arrive more than 5 minutes after the scheduled start of rehearsal will not be admitted.
- For singers in grades 5 and up: Parents/guardians may submit a signed authorization form allowing singers to self-check in and out.
- Each singer may invite two fully vaccinated guests to the end-of-session concert.
- Face covering rules (above) apply to all singers and audience members.
- Performances will be livestreamed and recorded for other viewing options.
- If anyone in your household tests positive for COVID-19, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event that a singer or family member in our community tests positive for COVID-19, we will communicate with any families whose singers were potentially exposed.
- We will ensure our notification practices follow all guidelines provided by King County Public Health.
These policies will be updated as needed as the year progresses. You will always find the most current version of our Covid-19 Policies at http://www.endolynechoir.org